Library and Reading Room
The UBC Botanical Garden Library and Reading Room houses a collection of over 3000 books and selections from over 150 magazine, journal, and periodical titles.
The collection consists of monographs, textbooks, manuals, and handbooks in a variety of languages. Subjects include:
- ethnobotany / First Nations studies
- communication and education in the sciences
- gardening and gardens
- the history of horticulture and botany
- Asian gardens
- native plants of British Columbia
- plant identification
- plant monographs
- plants and gardens in art and photography
- sustainability and biodiversity
Access to Holdings
Borrowing privileges are available only to UBC Botanical Garden and Centre for Plant Research researchers, volunteers and staff. Students, non-departmental researchers and the public may not borrow titles, but have access to the collection on-site.
Searching the Collection
Searching the collection is possible from the Libraries website:
1. Select “Catalogues” from the header bar
2. Select “Archives, Bibliographies, Reading Rooms”
3. Select “UBC Botanical Garden Library” as your location
The collection can be searched by author name, title, subject, and more.