The mission of the University of British Columbia Botanical Garden and Centre for Plant Research is to be the most popular source / destination for botanical research, education and conservation knowledge in North America.
Goals of the UBC Botanical Garden and Centre for Plant Research
- Curate a fully documented internationally renowned living collection of temperate plants supported by a herbarium, germplasm conservation facilities and systematic research.
- Provide research and education programs on the conservation of temperate plant species and the ecosystems that sustain them.
- Provide an interdisciplinary program for basic and applied horticultural research.
- Promote sustainable horticulture through research, education, community outreach, and demonstration projects.
- Support the Faculty of Land and Food Systems Agroecology Program in the provision of an undergraduate specialization in horticulture.
- Develop and promote the introduction of new plants to horticulture industry.