UBC Botanical Garden Forums  

» UBC Botanical Garden

Go Back   UBC Botanical Garden Forums > Archives (no new threads) > Fruit and Vegetable Gardening

Post New ThreadReply

Old August 9th, 2005, 03:44 PM

Sweet Corn VS Field Corn

How can you tell the difference between Field Corn and Sweet Corn by looking at it in the field and without tasting or touching it ?
Old August 21st, 2005, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Re: Sweet Corn VS Field Corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedbender
How can you tell the difference between Field Corn and Sweet Corn by looking at it in the field and without tasting or touching it ?
pictures of the difference how do you tell the difference in the stock, i live in wi and I am puzzled do you have
Old February 11th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Re: Sweet Corn VS Field Corn

Field corn usually has a much taller stalk. Usually about 2 feet taller. It is also a much stronger built plant, much bigger leaves, fatter stem, etc. The sweetcorn stalk is rather 'wimpy' compared to field corn. Depending on the maturity, the ear will also usually be a little bigger and a darker yellow color, with a little bigger kernals. I don't really know how else to describe it. Does this help?
Post New ThreadReply