help with ID please

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by JRasmussen, Feb 29, 2012.

1. JRasmussen

JRasmussen Member

Hi guys, I was given part of a plant by one of my teachers in school to analyze, but he himself didn't know the name of the plant, so it would be absolutely amazing if any of you could help me out with the ID of this.

Attached Files:

2. JRasmussen

JRasmussen Member

On a side-note: It's not for a botanical-school project. I'm a design student and i was asked to create a connection between two materials based on this plant, i would love the ID purely for more research on how it grows. If anyone has any information about this; it would be greatly appreciated.

3. JRasmussen

JRasmussen Member

Hi guys,

To make it a bit easier i attached a picture of one of the closed flowers and an open one.
    Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance,

Jens Rasmussen.

PS: Could a moderator please move this to 'Plants: Identification'. I am sorry for my misuse of the forum.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  4. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Thread moved! Looking at your flowers, I'd venture that it's either a member of the Lily family (which is huge), the Amaryllis family, or the Garlic family (also quite big) but without seeing freshly opened live flowers and leaves it's going to be very difficult to tell you which one. However, all three have very similar growth habits. Eucrosia is one genus with similar flowering habit - I'm assuming that since you're in Delft it's something that can be grown there?

5. David in L A

David in L A Active Member 10 Years

6. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Could be. But would one be up and flowering in Nederlands right now?