UBC Botanical Garden Forums  

» UBC Botanical Garden

Go Back   UBC Botanical Garden Forums > Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest

Post New ThreadReply

Old June 25th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Registered (1-2 posts)

arbutus unedo (strawberry tree) problems help

I have an arbutus unedo (strawberry tree), that has been sitting in cedar box for some 6 years. I planted it when it had fruits but has never fruited since and really has not grown very much, so in April I decided to move it out of the box and planted it in the ground ten feet away. Now it is not looking so good and is droopy. What can I do to rejuvenate it? Will it come back? Should I apply fertilizer and if so, what kind? Should I pull back some of the dirt to expose the top of the root ball more? Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Mark
Old June 25th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Ardent Plant Enthusiast (10000+ posts)

Re: arbutus unedo (strawberry tree) problems help

Transplant shock, apparently the roots were cut. Keep it well watered.
Post New ThreadReply