Time limit on editing our postings?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by wcutler, Dec 6, 2009.

1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Togata57 almost seduced me into subverting the purpose of that other thread where we're supposed to be lauding Ron B's and now Daniel's good work (Recognising the "Super Contributors" ), as I was also interested in the quandry regarding editing our old postings. If we ever want to find the answer again, it will be easier to find in this thread.

I just corrected some links on postings from last March or April, but I found I couldn't correct something in another thread I started that wasn't in a vcbf forum. I'm not sure of the timing now and don't remember what it was.

2. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Thank you for introducing this subject in a thread, Wendy. It is my hope that said moderator will clarify this issue for us.

Why there should be any time limit whatsoever beats me. Is not what one writes one's own property? After X number of minutes, days, months, or star-years do our pearls (or, perhaps, bulblets) of wisdom become the property of UBC to do with as it will? As though graven in stone for all time---eternally writ? Or does our moderator reserve this power unto himself?

Inquiring minds want to know.

3. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  4. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

OK, thanks Junglekeeper. The answer there was 90 days, and there were definite issues there. I just was surprised and was wondering what was going on. In the vcbf threads, for which I'm the moderator, I was pleased to be able to add a couple of missing hyperlinks from map thumbs to the google maps, and in Plant Identification, if I ever get permission (or acquiescence) to add the IDs to the titles, it helps to know how much time I have.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

The system time parameters have remained the same, and, as you mentioned, that discussion I think answers the pertinent questions raised here.

For those edits < 90 days old, it is also covered in the forum charter:

I'll add the info re: the time limit to the charter, though, so it is clear to all.