fruit tree branches wanted in San Diego, CA

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by buhnana, Sep 30, 2009.

1. buhnana

buhnana Member

Hi,
    I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I'm looking for fruit tree branches for my pets (chinchillas) as chew sticks in the San Diego, California area.

If you're every pruning your apple or fruit tree and don't have any use for the branches, sell them to me! I am also looking for mulberry, pear, pecan,cottonwood. Would like to pick up branches the day you prune them (no dead branches please).Am willing to make an offer for the branches although I don't have any price set in mind yet. Please email me at anhuhbanana@gmail.com if you don't have any use for the branches because I would love to take them!

2. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Why fruit trees? Bear in mind that some, including apples and cherries, have poisonous bark - just because the fruit is edible, it doesn't mean the bark will also be edible for pets.

3. buhnana

buhnana Member

I've owned my chinchillas for almost 3 years and I've done research on what kind of barks are okay for them to chew. Many other chin owners also give their chins chewing sticks to chew on so it wears down their teeth. It's healthy for them to chew on branches that are not sprayed and not dead. Yes, there are some fruit tree branches that are poisonous for chinchillas but the ones I've listed above aren't.