UBC Botanical Garden Forums  

» UBC Botanical Garden

Go Back   UBC Botanical Garden Forums > Archives (no new threads) > Plant Propagation

Post New ThreadReply

Old September 29th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Registered (1-2 posts)

Harvesting Tacca Seed

I recently inherited some bat plants...one is in full bloom with whiskers etc.

Stuff I have found on the Web makes it very clear that propagating new bats from seed can be challenging. But I want to try.

But now an even more more basic question. Specifically, how do I find and save seeds from the flower?

I recall reading something about as seed nodules begin to open the seeds should be picked out of white/gooey innards of a nodule. By nodule I mean the "pyramid" shaped protrusions from the flower body that reveal six entities within.

But I am still uncertain what I should look for regarding the actual seeds....or is each nodule considered a seed?

All help appreciated.

Thanks,

New tacca owner in Louisianna

Chuck
Post New ThreadReply