Problems with a Cordyline terminalis

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by JenRi, Nov 27, 2008.

1. JenRi

JenRi Active Member

Hi everyone!

I have a Cordyline terminalis 'smokey joe' (I think although I bought it as a 'Red Dragon'), which has been doing well so far but I've noticed recently it's getting brown tips on some of it's leaves. Some of them are also curling up.

I know brown-tips can be caused my low humidity so I bought a mister and so far so good (although it has only been two days). I was wondering about the curled up leaves though....could this be part of the same problem causing the brown tips or something else?

Thanks in advance for any advice:)

Jen

Post adding pictures - the first one isn't actually as yellow as it looks, more a sort of diluted green colour at the tip..hopefully not soon to go brown:(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  2. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

All in all the plant looks fine to me. Maybe the curling of the leaf is due to being close to the window, possibly getting cold??

Ed

3. JenRi

JenRi Active Member

Yeah, that was one of my theories about the cause of the curliness - I've started to move it away from the window at night-time when its colder but they haven't uncurled so far:'(

The tips of the curly leaves are starting to lose colour a bit as well I noticed today so that makes me think it might also be an over-watering problem as I re-potted it in a pot twice as big as the original:-S

Cold is unlikely to kill my plant (i'm pretty sure my room won't get below zero!) but over-watering might so I think i'll reduce the misting to every other day and leave at least a week before watering it again (I usually water every 5 days or so) and see if that helps.

Thanks for your thoughts:-)