UBC Botanical Garden Forums  

» UBC Botanical Garden

Go Back   UBC Botanical Garden Forums > Archives (no new threads) > Fruit and Vegetable Gardening

Post New ThreadReply

Old October 24th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Registered Plus (3-99 posts)

Sunflower seeds

For the first time I have planted seeds outdoors. My sunflowers grew up to 12 feet high and the heads were 12-14 inches across. We have had a couple of morning frost here (Ottawa, Ont) and I was told to cut them down, which I did. I have had many requests for the seeds and I brought the heads into the house. The seeds are white with 2 black strips. My question is will these seeds grow plants next year, or should I salt them and bake them for snacks.

tazaband
Old October 25th, 2008, 08:37 AM
In search of the Truffula Trees.

Re: Sunflower seeds

They will grow plants next year, however a head of seeds is enough to save out what you want for planting and eat the rest.
Post New ThreadReply