Amanita Heaven

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by C.Wick, Oct 6, 2008.

1. C.Wick

C.Wick Active Member

I'm not sure just how many amanitas are out there at this moment....but I'm begining to wonder if they've all decided to pop their heads up at me just so I can be driven nuts trying to figure out what/who/which they are!
    Is anyone here familiar with this genus....and if they are feel free to contact me! I'm finding them under White Pine trees.......under Oak........hanging out with Boletes, Russulas, Honey mushrooms, Hedgehogs.........name a mushroom and I'm finding them with them!
    Any help, links, experts who'd like samples or would visit here........anything would help! thanx

2. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

It's such an amazing mushroom season eh! Rivals 2004 for diversity and plenty :-)

3. C.Wick

C.Wick Active Member

With all the rainfall we've recieved....there shouldn't be any surprises? BUT...wow. Since I've only really been photographing mushrooms now for 2 years I'm seeing new things everytime I go out. The amanitas are only a bonus to all the others!

4. 1950Greg

1950Greg Active Member

Langley, B.C. Stones throw from old HBC farm.
    I have to agree with the amount of mushrooms this year, just coming back from three day hiking in Manning Park. We got lots of pictures of new ones to add to our list.