Surprise In My Fridge

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by C.Wick, Sep 26, 2008.

1. C.Wick

C.Wick Active Member

After finding this 7.41 pound Hen of the Woods fungi.....I took it to the newspaper...got a photo...took it to my old high school so the science teachers could use it for their classes most the day.......took it to my son's school for 'show and tell'.......then FINALLY it came home with me.
    Normally I wouldn't cut the whole bundle but as I was using it more for educational as WELL as food purposes I took the whole beauty.
    It'd been in my fridge all night....2 nights in a row.....when I decided this morning I needed milk to put in my coffee. I opened my fridge and the BIGGEST wolf spider was there right on top of it waving at me.
    After I threw my coffee...hit the cat with the fridge door...saw it LEAP OVER the door.....and watched it run for a safe haven underneath my stove while my cat shook it's head over my derang'd-ness.
    Needless to say? From now on...if/when I harvest mushrooms/fungi........I'll SHAKE it first...then again...and again...and again...and ag.............

Attached Files:

2. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

So...where is the spider now?

3. C.Wick

C.Wick Active Member

lol...I'm not even going to hazard a guess? But my cat wasn't impressed with enuf to even go after it. It went to my oven.......but from there I've no idea.

4. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Yikes! Just in time for Halloween. Why buy decorations when you can have the real thing? Perhaps you should warn visitors that if they have the feeling they're being watched...
    Brace yourself next time you fire up the oven!!