Find a madagascar palm in canada for sale

Discussion in 'Caudiciforms and Pachycaul Trees' started by JudiS, Sep 10, 2008.

1. JudiS

JudiS Member

I had a madagascar palm for over 30 yrs. and was over 5 feet tall. It got root rot this spring and died. Tried rerooting pcs. but no luck. My husband was so upse as it was his plant. Want to purchase another but can't find any here in Winnipeg. Tried all the major nurseries. Any suggestions? I travel to Vancouver if anyone there sells them. Want a smaller one so I can take on plane.

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

This plant is available periodically in Vancouver although I don't know where exactly at the moment. I believe the smaller ones come in 6" pots.

3. monkey

monkey Member

Coincidentally, I am just visiting the site this morning to check the proper spelling etc prior to listing my 5 + foot Madagascar palm on the Vancouver Craigslist. It is about 17 years old and was bought as a 6" plant from the supermarket. Too big for you though I imagine .

4. JudiS

JudiS Member

Would love to take the madagascar off your hands but too large to take back to Winnipeg. My girlfriend in Vancouver called Gardenworks and they are ordering me one for when I come to Vancouver. Just hope I can fit it in my carry-on.