UBC Botanical Garden Forums  

» UBC Botanical Garden

Go Back   UBC Botanical Garden Forums > Archives (no new threads) > Hibiscus

Post New ThreadReply

Old July 16th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Registered (1-2 posts)

Something Eating Leaves on Hibiscus

Some bug is making holes in my hibiscus leaves. I have seen a few whiteflies, but I understand that they do not make holes in leaves. This morning I saw what looks like a tiny mosquito. It has wings and the mid section is yellow and/or green. It flies from leaf to leaf and flies very fast. There were about 5 to 10 on each plant, so I am pretty sure that these bugs are the culprit. I have tried spraying the leaves with dish detergent mixed with water, garlic mixed with water, and insecticide from Home Depot, to no avail. Can anyone tell me what the name of this bug might be, and what I can do about it??
Post New ThreadReply

Bookmarks