Scouts Comments

Discussion in 'Vancouver Cherry Blog' started by wcutler, Mar 19, 2008.

1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I haven't thought this through yet, but Scouts could make general observations not specific to their neighbourhoods in this part of the forum. I suppose the comments could either be replies in this thread, or if there's a particular topic that you want discussed, you could start a new thread.

2. Bob Loveless

Bob Loveless Active Member

It is always nice to see that the city continues to add the 36,000 cherry trees already lining the streets of Vancouver. Last week (on March 21st) while walking along 57th Avenue just west of Adera I came across a relatively new planting with the label "Akebono Cherry 2008".

20080327_Marpole_Akebono_Loveless_025.jpg 20080327_Marpole_Akebono_Loveless_027.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  3. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

One thing I've noticed about this festival is how much it's made me notice trees that have been around me for years. The scout for Fairview asked me where the Sutcliffe Park Kanzans were at Granville Island, and I had no idea - me who has a yearly Aquabus pass because I go over there so often. They're just starting to come out now - twenty-six! of them in a mini-park area next to the main walkway/bike path that I used many times a week when I was working. How could I have missed them?

It's also so amazing to know they're somewhere and go looking for them and not find them, and then when they bloom, there they are - as if they just popped right out of the ground.