UBC Botanical Garden Forums  

» UBC Botanical Garden

Go Back   UBC Botanical Garden Forums > Fruit and Nut Trees

Fruit and Nut Trees Plant Care, Propagation, Identification, Appreciation and more!

Post New ThreadReply

Old February 21st, 2008, 01:37 AM
Registered (1-2 posts)

Dying Mulberry Tree

Hi there,

I have a large weeping mulberry tree which I inherited from the previous owners of my house. The tree is quite large and looks to be well looked after. I noticed when I moved in that a branch on the top of the tree there was a totally bare. I didn't worry too much then but over the summer another branch next to it full of leaves has died and another one on the opposite side has started to die too. To counteract this we have made sure that it had been given ample water over the last month or so but the problem seems to be getting worse. The summer was quite hot but it has cooled down as of late and it doesn't seem to be improving.

Could someone please help me with this? I feel like I'm watching this wonderful tree slowly die in-front of my very eyes
Old February 21st, 2008, 10:26 AM
Ardent Plant Enthusiast (10000+ posts)

Re: Dying Mulberry Tree

Need to find out what, exactly is happening before effective measures can be taken. Here we have the USDA Cooperative Extension Service assisting the public with such matters. You may have similar services offered by something like an agricultural ministry there.
Post New ThreadReply