help rubber plant is dying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by slimbob, Sep 15, 2007.

1. slimbob

slimbob Member

Hello Everyone

I have 3 rubberplants in my room all near a window which means they all get a bit of direct sunlight at some time in the day but not too much . Every week a wash the top of the leaves with water to remove dust and make sure the plants get some contact . I also dont over water and add a bit once a week so soil is moist but never over wet .

All was going well and they were constantly getting new shoots and leaves . However last week one of them has started to drop leaves and now just has a few left plus the remaining leaves are floopy and wilted compared to the normal health rigid shiny appearence in the past . It doesnt look happy at all but nothing has changed what so ever regarding conditions , plus the other two are doing great .

Basically I am lost , please could you give a novice some helpful advice before I lose this plant .

Thanks so much and appreciate any help or feedback

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Any sign of pests? If all other care has remained the same and they were doing fine before, it may be a small pest or disease. I have never grown rubber plants, so don't know too much about them. Look closely at the leaves for mites or other pests. If you can post some pics, that may help people diagnose the problem.

3. riptidefrog

riptidefrog Active Member

I wonder if maybe their watering needs have changed due to the change in the weather and amount of sunlight in these shortening days. I"d stick my finger in the soil and see how wet it is and maybe reduce watering or let it dry a bit more between waterings if needed.

4. slimbob

slimbob Member

Thanks for your help so far much appreciated .

I will check for mites and dampness of soil also if possible I will take a picture with a friends camera and up load so you guys can see it .

Thanks once again for your feedback .