Identification: Need help identifying a plant

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Buz, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Buz

Buz Member

This plant was given to me and I have no idea what it is. Can anyone help me out? I have no idea how to properly care for it because I can't seem to identify it.

Attached Files:

2. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

it's a jade plant.

it's a succulent, so it doesn't need a ton of watering as it stores the water in it's trunk and leaves. it needs a well-draining soil - which it looks like it is in already.

does that pot have a drain hole in the bottom? if not, let it get very, very dry before watering again or (and better yet) repot it in something that does have drain holes. they can easily start to rot if the soil is kept too moist for too long.

it does best in bright/full sun. will do okay in less light as well. if you can, put it in a spot similar to where it was being kept before it was given to you...

if you aren't able to do that, it WILL adjust. it'll pout a bit during the adjustment phase and might lose a few leaves. don't worry about it and don't give it more water either...jades do not like changes - losing some leaves is a normal response and it will just need a couple of weeks to get situated.