Help for my diseasesd plum and pear trees

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by sandsoppa, Sep 5, 2007.

1. sandsoppa

sandsoppa Member

Dear experts,
    I have planted fruit trees a few years ago, plum and pear. Last year, the plum tree got sick: during early spring when the tree start blooming, many flowers dropped and left the bud dried. Though it eventually still produced some plums (much less than before), but many of them have some gray and brown scars on the skin (still sweet!). The leaves seem to have more problem, they curved and had countless holes, looks like to be eaten by worms. After the summer, the leaves become even bad that many of them become sieve-like after the holes merged. The problem now seems transfer to the pears. But it manifests differently: the leaves of the pear tree grow many black spots and a lots of holes similar to the plum tree. I took a few leaves and viewed under microscope (16x), there are a lots of tiny white bugs. Not for sure if the bugs are the original problem or secondary. Strangely, I do not see problem inside the fruits even they just grow among these sicked leaves. I took a few photos of these leaves, wish someone to help with the diagnosis and suggestions of treatment.
    Thanks,
    Sandsoppa

Attached Files: