Tree for permanently moist soil

Discussion in 'Garden Design and Plant Suggestions' started by Laura Ralph, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Laura Ralph

Laura Ralph Active Member 10 Years

I am trying to figure out some good tree options for a site on the North Shore that has permanently moist soil. It is a partly shady spot. Any suggestions.

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Damp situations have varying characteristics that affect what may be possible to grow, can you provide additional details? Also: what traits do you want the tree to have in addition to moisture tolerance?

3. levilyla

levilyla Active Member

4. Laura Ralph

Laura Ralph Active Member 10 Years

Thanks for the web site levilyla, it looks great. Ron, the tree is to replace a cedar tree that is planted in a wooden planter that sits partially buried (I think) on the forest floor and I'm guessing is open at the bottom. The site is a client's house. An underground river runs beneath the area - it is runoff from Grouse mountain. The tree will come up through their deck. It will not receive much light. I tried to attach a picture of the site; although, it was taking too long to upload. The man who lives there would prefer an evergreen tree and the woman said she would like something leafy...Thanks for any help.