UBC Botanical Garden Forums  

» UBC Botanical Garden

Go Back   UBC Botanical Garden Forums > Archives (no new threads) > Garden Pest Management and Identification

Garden Pest Management and Identification UBC Botanical Garden advocates the use of Integrated Pest Management.

Post New ThreadReply

Old June 17th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Registered Plus (3-99 posts)

Clematis and Honeysuckle dying

Both my Honeysuckle and Clematis are dying of ..I don't know what.The Honeysuckle is 1 year old and up untill last weekend was thriving , climbing all over my archway and about to burst into bloom ,now it's losing all it's leaves and has gone brown from the bottom of the vine up some of the leaves had beige spots??.The same thing started to happen to my new Clematis 3 days ago .They are not together , about 100 ft apart , have good air circulation and both face south , they both have drip irrigation . My Clematis Montana is not affected and neither is the Trumpet Vine...so far. Any ideas ??? Thanks
Old June 21st, 2007, 01:32 PM
UBC Botanical Garden and Centre for Plant Research

Re: Clematis and Honeysuckle dying

I can't think of anything that would affect both of these simultaneously. Clematis wilt perhaps for the Clematis and Verticillium wilt for the honeysuckle are two things that spring to mind - perhaps it is just coincidence that both were struck at nearly the same time?

Daniel Mosquin
Research Manager
UBC Botanical Garden | BC Flora | John Davidson
Old July 9th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Registered Plus (3-99 posts)

Re: Clematis and Honeysuckle dying

Thanks for the help , my 'Montana' is now afflicted ,this is quite a distance from the other 2 vines.We've sprayed with sulphur ,so we'll see what happens .Don't quite know what else we can do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Mosquin View Post
I can't think of anything that would affect both of these simultaneously. Clematis wilt perhaps for the Clematis and Verticillium wilt for the honeysuckle are two things that spring to mind - perhaps it is just coincidence that both were struck at nearly the same time?
Post New ThreadReply