Identification: Help to identify unknown "tropical"?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Brian Parker, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Brian Parker

Brian Parker Member

Hello All,

First time posting and will repeat a query I had put on another site without any replies....should have asked here first I think.

I sold a plant at a local botanic garden plant sale last year. This year the purchaser returned and wondered if I knew what the plant was....I didnt, even though I also picked up a small example of the same plant....my description would be that it is a tropical or at least a warm climate plant, leathery leaves that unfurl slowly from a elongating stem. The images show my plant, small, but images of the purchaser's plant are larger, more mature and showing a slightly different form to the leaves, almost like a schefflera. I don't have these "mature" images at hand but will add later if no one has any ideas. One part of me thinks it a type of palm though another says no....The mature plant seems to be at least a metre tall....though photos can be deceiving. Any thoughts please let me know....take care.

Brian

Attached Files:

2. Carol Ja

Carol Ja Active Member 10 Years

Looks like a Zamia furfuraceae cycad.

3. Brian Parker

Brian Parker Member

Thanks Carol,

You might be correct...I am trying to find some images of that cycad. I am trying to load the images of the "mature" plant which looks completely different to my eyes, though the photo is poor quality and bad angle...hopefully I can get these on. Thanks again.

Brian

Attached Files:

4. Carol Ja

Carol Ja Active Member 10 Years