Yucca Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Tom24, May 28, 2007.

1. Tom24

Tom24 Active Member

Can anybody help me with my Yucca I can't figure out what is wrong with it. I have had it for a year now and it was healthy till about a month ago I have a picture on the bottom of my thread I am also wondering if you can break off one of the stocks and grow a new plant? Thank you all for any help!!

Tom24

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

You didn't really explain what's wrong with it - perhaps browsing through this forum for Yucca will come up with a similar problem? (go to here then use the Search This Forum dropdown in the upper right to search for yucca)

3. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

I'd assume it is regarding the yellowed-off leaf in the centre - which is a common symptom of overwatering (though other causes are possible).

4. Tom24

Tom24 Active Member

My Yucca started out with one big tree and one little tree. The little tree started to die off so I split them up. Now the big tree is starting to die off to. I noticed its health declining when I first sprayed a plant hormone on it called Tropigrow www.TOPIGROW.com . I also sprayed it on my majesty and it browned the tips of it. This hormone says that you can use it on all tropical plants so I figured I would try it on my Yucca. I am also wondering about taking one of the stocks and cutting it off and replanting it. There are many websites that say this is ok. I am wondering if this is true or if it is going to kill off my tree .
    Thank you for any further help
    Tom 24