indoor plant source

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by frisko, May 28, 2007.

1. frisko

frisko Member

I am looking for a good nursery or online store that ships indoor plants. In Canada
    TIA

2. chirita

chirita Active Member

Like you I have been frustrated by the lack of Canadian mail order sources for tropical plants. Because of this my husband and I have decided to start our own such business and over the last 5 years have been acquiring as many interesting and unusual plants as possible. We are working on a website which we hope to launch this fall. Our website will be:

www.mountainviewtropicals.com

Keep checking and we hope to hear from you in the future.

3. frisko

frisko Member

where are you from. And how long will it be before you get the web site going?

4. chirita

chirita Active Member

Our aim is to have the new website up and running in October. That will allow us to take orders over the winter and start shipping the following spring. Unfortunately we won't be able to start earlier as we are currently building a larger and brighter home + greenhouse to accomodate our "growing" plant collection. We live in southeastern B.C. in the Kootenays.

5. sandy130

sandy130 Member

Will your list include any hoyas in the tropical plants?......Looking forward to when your site opens.......

Sandy

6. chirita

chirita Active Member

We will include a few hoyas but right now our plants are small so will take some time to grow up. We will start with a good assortment of Streptocarpus, Chiritas, Hedera helix varieties, and assorted other plants such as Tolmiea menzeii, Pilea peperomiodes, and Euphorbia leuconeura.