how to take care of exotic angels?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by parachuter2b, May 13, 2007.

1. parachuter2b

parachuter2b Member

Hi there,

I bought a small exotic angel that is similar to the picture here...
    Do you know how much water, light, etc. it likes?
    Also, I just noticed that the plant pot that I've bought for it, doesn't have a hole at the bottom...would that cause a problem? Should I perhaps put some rocks at the bottom underneath the soil?

Lemme know please,

parachuter2b

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2007
  2. globalist1789

globalist1789 Active Member

What you have there is a Fittonia argyroneura "nerve plant". It will like as much bright, indirect light as you can give it.

As for the pot... change it. They (well.. ALL house plant I know of) really do better with proper drainage. You like the pot it is in, then you can repot it into a smaller plastic pot and put the small pot inside the larger one. If there is no drain hole you can pour away the extra water. The rocks under the soil thing doesn't really help.

Michael

3. wulfgar87

wulfgar87 Active Member

This might save you the trouble of repotting if you really don’t want to.

All the plants I’ve bought from Exotic Angel have had drainage holes. If it has what looks like a little saucer on the bottom, you can twist it off and see the drainage holes. The saucer is just there to keep it up out of the excess water that drains out.