jasmin

Discussion in 'Woody Plants' started by newbe, Apr 21, 2007.

1. newbe

newbe Member

Hello,

My partner and I inherited an large 5' w x 15' tall jasmin plant outside our front door. However, all the leaves have fallen, the stalks and vines are mostly brown and no new growth is evident. I haven't a clue as to the type/variety of plant we newly own, so I'm a bit short on info. As to the history of the plant, it has had the same location and bloomed and grew leaves every year for the last seven years.

I have no idea what my true question is, except that any advice on how to get the sucker heathy again would be greatly appreciated as it was beautiful last spring.

Thanks.

2. carol mitchell

carol mitchell Member

What, if anything, has changed? ie: rainfall, frost or freeze this winter? What region are you ? Have you checked the plant close to the ground for any sign of green or sap in the plant ( the variety I have secreets a milky sap when cut ) . I would water well and try some simple feeding ( a brand of plant food / miracle grow feeders that attach to your water hose are easy - follow the directions ) I am not an expert but when I have problems I take a digital picture or 2 and go to a local nursery find one that has some friendly and helpful people and use them as your resource ! The only other question I would have is has something below ground damaged the roots ( ie: moles or other pests / insects . well, I hope that gets ya started , good luck - I love my Jasmin and enjoy them greatly - mine are fixin' to bloom now !