Phal Help

Discussion in 'Orchidaceae (orchids)' started by fwrxguru, Mar 18, 2007.

1. fwrxguru

fwrxguru Member

I am new to orchids and have just purchased this one off the clearance rack at lowes. When I bought it there were no blooms on it and it has since sent out 4 of them but they have not bloomed yet. My question is pertaining to the leaves, the top leaf is split in a few places is this something i should be conserned with; also being bought off a clearance rack do you recommend that I go ahead and repot it? It is currently in a plastic pot placed inside a tera cotta pot. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

2. terrestrial_man

terrestrial_man Active Member 10 Years

The plant looks ok. I would not repot unless the soil mix is broken down. But do remove the potted plant from the clay pot when you water and let it drain completely before placing back into the clay pot Google about for info on Phalaenopsis culture for your conditions.

3. hairpin

hairpin Member

I have 3 Phal orchids and with my first one had a similar problem with no buds. It is now a vibrant flowering plant.
    I purchased a good fertilizer made specifically for orchids which I use once a week. However depending how dry it is where your orchid is you it may not require once a week watering. I mist the exposed roots and leaves twice a week.
    Hope this helps.