Cylandrica or sanservieria cylindrica

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by daisychain, Nov 2, 2006.

1. daisychain

daisychain Member

I just bought this plant at a garden center and need some information on how to care for it and what kind of light, soil, watering, fertilizer (or none) this plant requires.

I thought it was a very elegant specimen!
    Thank you for your help!
    Sally

2. dick cleveringa

dick cleveringa Member

Information neded on the succulent, Cylindrica. It does not match the photos of the Sansevieria. Mine has several conical, vertical sections in the form of one fan, all on one root ball - aprox. 12" tall, still in the pot, purchased today. No one at the garden center knew anything about the plant. They never had it before and wil not have it again. Quite interesting.

3. James D.

James D. Active Member

You should treat it like you wouls a normal sansevaria, full, hot sun, dryer soil only watering about once every 3 -4 weeks in the winter and about in the summer put it outside and ater it when it is dry. they are very easy to grow, but are kinda slow. the key to keping them alive is to not over water them. hope this helps.

4. chyna29766

chyna29766 Member

James,

I also purchased one of these plants. You said they are slow growers. I must have a mutant then. I have only had mine for about a month and the center "leaf" has already grown 2 inches. I know this because it is sitting in a bow window and is now touching the top. Needless to say, it is going to have to be moved.