Identification: What is the name of this plant

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by SoulzOnFire, Oct 23, 2006.

1. SoulzOnFire

SoulzOnFire Member

I have had this plant for years and I am not even sure where I got it. It is a hanging vine plant with small heart shaped leaves. The inner part of the leaves is a reddish purple, then green around the edges. It loves light but not direct and moist soil. After I moved for the millionth time it doesn't seem to want to bounce back and I am afraid I am going to lose it. If I do I want to get another one. But I have no idea what it is called. Please help. Thanks.

2. Chester

Chester Active Member 10 Years

Ceropegia woodii, rosary vine.

3. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

sounds like either a rosary vine as chester suggested or a type of pothos ..
    do you have a pic of it ??.. it would really help ..

Marn

4. akalvig

akalvig Member

5. SoulzOnFire

SoulzOnFire Member

Thank you all so far.. I have looked up those plants online but they are not the one. So, I have taken a picture of the lil guy i have left. Let me know if you know what kind of plant it is. thanks.

Attached Files:

6. Marn

google Coleus or Sweedish Ivy .. it looks like a Sweedish Ivy

Marn

7. SoulzOnFire

SoulzOnFire Member

Well after looking online the Swedish Ivy is very close. However, the leaves on this plant are not waxy like the Ivy. They are fuzzy when the plant is mature and healthy. After again looking online after you suggestion I have found a possibility but I am not sure. I don't want to go to the nursery looking for this plant and have no idea what I am talking about. What I found was the Plectranthus. Several pictures I have found online look similar to my plant. Since this family has a wide variety, I can't be sure. Any thoughts?

8. Marn

the swedish ivy is not at all like the typical ivy with the waxy leaves.. these have the soft fuzzy type that will tear easy ..

it is either that or a coleus ..

Marn