Identification: What kind of plant is this?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by NCGardenLvr, Jul 20, 2006.

1. NCGardenLvr

NCGardenLvr Member

Hello! I received an English Garden basket with a variety of plants and flowers as a gift and I separated each variety out to itself. I started growing this plant in a small pot indoors and thought it was some variety of Caladium. We just moved to another house in the same town and, suddenly, this little guy has just taken off, growing like crazy, putting out shoots and becoming very "viney". Now, I'm not sure if it's a Caladium, or not! The viney appearance is what is throwing me. I transplanted it to a bigger pot just this morning, and I added a stake for the vine to attach to, but I'm not sure if that's what I'm supposed to do!

Could someone please ID this plant for me, tell me what the ideal growing conditions are and if I should separate the shoots or just let it keep growing, as is? Also, can it be planted outdoors in zone 7a/b? I would appreciate the ID and any growing/maintaining advice you might have!

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

In a case of deja vu...
    Looks like a cultivar of Syngonium podophyllum, Arrowhead Vine.

3. NCGardenLvr

NCGardenLvr Member

Arrowhead Vine? I'll have to look that one up! Thanks!