Pony Tail Plant

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Nelda, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Nelda

Nelda Member

I have had my plant for about 3 months Some of the foilage is turning brown What could be the problem and how often should I water it It is an indoor plant Nelda

2. Rima

Rima Active Member

The browning is usually due to lack of humidity (they need a lot!), which means if you can get one of large plastic drain trays at Wal-Mart, etc., meant for large pots, and fill it with stones and water, then you can put the pot on the stones, as long as you never ever let the water touch the pot bottom, or roots will rot. You should water it similar to jades or even cacti, which means allow almost all the soil to dry out before rewatering (and then do give it enough to reach the drain holes. Do it slowly, so water runs through all the soil, and not just off the outer edges. Give it all the sun you can.

3. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

4. MOCHA

MOCHA Active Member

PonyTail plants are native to Mexico so Humitity should not be a factor it can tolerate it but most likely no the problem. you may be over watering. let the soil dry between watering. If you stick your finger in the soil it should be dry to the secound knuckle or about two inches in. Hope that helps.