Identification: what am I?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by tfrasqueri, Jul 10, 2006.

1. tfrasqueri

tfrasqueri Active Member

I've had this plant for about a year now and it seems to be having a hard time. Can someone tell me what it is and how to care for it? The first and third pic is of the same plant. The second plant I got about a week ago but have no idea what it is. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  2. globalist1789

globalist1789 Active Member

The big one is a Dracaena fragans (Corn plant). The second might be a pothos of some kind, I don't know.

3. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

the lil one might be a Dumbcane and if that pot it is in doenst have any drainage then i would get it out of that pot .. it will hurt it ..
    the big is a Corn plant ..

Marn

4. tfrasqueri

tfrasqueri Active Member

I have a corn plant and the leaves are different. On this one the leaves are sharp and thin whereas the leaves on my corn plant are wide. The stalks are similiar but just assumed they were different because of the difference in their leaves. The small one is in a pot with drainage holes and I do also have a dumbcane, a very large dumbcane. Never thought they could be this small.
    thanks for the replies

5. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

How about Dracaena draco, Dragon Tree?

6. Joe Keller

Joe Keller Active Member 10 Years

In the third photo, two pots can be seen.The one closer to the camera contains Yucca elephantipes (check for minor serrations on the leaf edge). The pot farther away has at least one cane of Dracaena fragrans in it. The small plant is a Dieffenbachia, although rather neglected. Joe

7. wild-rose-43

wild-rose-43 Active Member

You're tall treelike plant is definitely a Yucca. The other one is difficult to tell. It does resemble a Dieffenbachia but if it is, it's a very sad one.

8. tfrasqueri

tfrasqueri Active Member

Thanks for the replies. I did think the tall one was a Yucca. How do I bring the Dieffenbachia back? I would like it to thrive as I LOVE Dieffenbachia. Thanks.

9. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

it looks like it needs more sun .. so get it in a lil sunnier location for now and if it does good then give more light .. and also they are picky about water ..leave the water out over night before watering it and also watch for spider mites ..they love that plant..

Marn