Help!!!My Murraya is dying...

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Charlotte18_8, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Charlotte18_8

Charlotte18_8 Member

It started about 2 months ago, the leaves of my murraya (potted in door) started to fall off , and some leaves have sticky liquides, then I noticed some brown--dark brown spots accumulating on the stems....I have asked around, no one knows exactely what's wrong. Could someone here help me saving my tree? Many thanks.

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

The brown spots or bumps are likely scale insects and the sticky liquid the result of their feeding. Physically remove all the adult scale (i.e. the bumps) and spray with insecticidal soap. Repeat the process several times with a 5- to 7-day interval in between each application.

3. Charlotte18_8

Charlotte18_8 Member

Thank you, I'll try your segguestion.

4. Kevin Bloch

Kevin Bloch Member

I also have Murrayas, but they are hedges outside (in Sydney Australia). Over the past few weeks, about 6 of them have been shedding their leaves. 3 or 4 are now completely bare. They have been there over 8 years and I have only seen this once on one plant and it restored itself. Should I assume that these others will too? If not, what should I do?

5. Charlotte18_8

Charlotte18_8 Member

I tried the suggestion from "Junglekeeper", it is working....there are new leaves and flower buds growing out even though I still find a couple of those brown bumps once in a while. I am continuing the treatment. Do you see any brown bumps on your plants? If you do you have to peel them off. Good luck.