plant care

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by tfrasqueri, Jul 7, 2006.

1. tfrasqueri

tfrasqueri Active Member

I have a dumbcane and a Corn plant I have questions about. First on the dumbcane, I've noticed some of the leaves are have brown spots that begin to develop holes. Does anyone know why or what I need to do to fix this. Also, on my corn plant, the leaves are drying out in spots. It's not the entire leaf or even just the tips. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Tricia

2. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

Dumbcanes are notorious for spider mites .. i threw mine out cause it was infected and nothing worked and i had way better plants that i was worried about that i didnt want them to get it either.. if you do have them (check for webbing when you mist it) if there is then there is mites, shower it good and use a spray for mites ..if your corn plant is close to it then it could be the same thing .. or it could just be like a sun burn on the leaves of the corn plant if you do mist them and they are in the sun .. also with the dubcanes they are picky about there water .. i would leave the water out over night before watering it ..

good luck ..

Marn