Regarding Eric

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Daniel Mosquin, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I've waited until after my vacation to inform you that Eric La Fountaine is going to be reducing his role on the forums. He's moved into a new position at the gardens (collections technician); with his new responsibilities, he gets to reduce others.

I'm in conversations with others at the garden to see if either the soon-to-be-hired education coordinator (a position we lost for a year or so) or a summer student will help me out with the administration of the forums.

2. Laurie

Laurie Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

Is Andre no longer available as a moderator on these forums?

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I haven't seen him for a while, but Andre's responsibility was the Maple forums.

4. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

I still have the access and permissions of an administrator. I will still be watching over the forums, just not as dilligently. The posts have increased and it can be hard to read through them all, but there are so many active caring members, who quickly report any problem posts and will gently challenge and correct erroneous advice.

The forums and the UBCBG website have become a wonderful resource for gardeners and botanists. We are always looking for ways to link people to information and educate the public on all things about plants and the natural world. I am glad to be a part of this and to have the opportunity to share with everyone who reads the forums.

5. chuckrkc

chuckrkc Active Member

Thank you for your efforts. I am glad for the forum.

6. Newt

Newt Well-Known Member 10 Years

Eric, the best of luck to you in whatever you do. It's truly been a pleasure and I've learned much from you. It will be good to 'see' you when you visit.

Newt