Access forbidden problems?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Daniel Mosquin, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I'd appreciate hearing from you if you've seen "Access forbidden" while trying to reach the garden's site or forums from afternoon Feb. 22 to morning Feb. 23 PST.

I'm try to ramp up the web server security prior to my absence for a month, banning such things as known spammer domains, email harvesters and so on. However, it seems I've done so imperfectly and a few people couldn't reach the site.

Answers to the following questions would be helpful:

1) Was it just the forums, or the entire garden web site that you could not reach?

2) How do you normally get to the UBC site? Is it from a bookmarked web page in your browser? or is it from another web page that contains a link to the garden's site?

2. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

No problems here, full access (bookmarked on my browser)

3. Anne Taylor

Anne Taylor Active Member 10 Years

Hi Daniel,
    Yeah that is exactly what happened to me. I couldn't access the site at all. I had to try and work through the "get a new password emailed back" three times. I was a little worried... i have this site book marked and I must admit as I was loading ( just befor it stopped me for a logging in process)... It WAS LOADING FASTER! Yippee.

4. K Baron

K Baron Well-Known Member

Hi Daniel....

I was set back as well...I had to restart my password, 3 times before being locked out...I have bookmarked this site...let me know if this is not a concern.
    Thankyou
    KRB

5. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

no problems for me Daniel.

6. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Thanks all, I'll look into it. I think I have an inkling of what the problem was now.