Upgraded software

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Daniel Mosquin, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I've upgraded the software to 3.5.3 from 3.5.1, so it is only minor changes.

However, I am wondering if you note a difference in performance. Right now (late at night), it all seems pretty quick, but if this doesn't carry through during North American daytime hours, please reply and let me know.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I've yet to add some of the other user suggestions on being able to reduce clutter / save load time. Plus, with the upgrade done, I now have to upgrade the plugins (e.g., the Links database). I'm going to hold off on it (I've disabled the plugins, though the Links database still functions, it seems) to see if performance has increased. If things are speedier, and I then install a plugin and it slows the forum down, well, then I'll have discovered what to blame for the general slowness.

3. Daniel Mosquin

No comments on speed - I take it things are still slow (though I've only my home setup to assess this, since connecting from UBC is always fast).

Anyway, I've upgraded the links database, so that's fully available again.

4. Daniel Mosquin

Did another minor upgrade tonight.