Amazon Associate links

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Daniel Mosquin, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Some time ago, the garden signed up to be an Amazon Associate, but we really hadn't done much with it.

I've set up the forums so that links to Amazon.com products automatically add the Associate code for the garden.

Absolutely no obligation on your part to use or add links to Amazon, but the option is available.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
  2. Carol Ja

Carol Ja Active Member 10 Years

I was wondering why we have amazon.com instead of amazon.ca, was there not a choice. Carol Ja

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

For each TLD (top level domain, e.g., .ca, .com, .co.uk), one has to sign up and get approved for a new Amazon Associate id, and then one has to generate a link for each, so there'd need to be three links to cover amazon.ca, amazon.com and amazon.co.uk (which is what I did for the pages on "The Jade Garden" book back in July). I used those stats to determine what seems to be the best one to use.

It likely isn't going to make much difference, though - I don't think this experiment will continue for much longer.