1. tinlizzy

tinlizzy Member

My coreopsis are in full bloom and beautiful, but not as plentiful as last year.
    I'm a beginner gardner. I think they need to be divided??? When should I do this?
    In the fall or spring??

2. PsyGuy10

PsyGuy10 Member

Lizzy, it may need to be divided and the time of year depends on what your temps are if the temps are hitting over 85F+ in the day you might want to wait until fall to divide... but the problem could be it needs more sun, or even fertilizer. so you can bump up the fertilizer and it'll probably get off it's butt and bloom more. hope that helps :-)

3. tinlizzy

tinlizzy Member

Hello PsyGuy10,

Thank you for your response. We do get temps over 85 degrees, but not until
    June here in Southwestern Ontario. I think I'll divide in May, when it is cooler.
    I have them in full sun now. I will bump up the fertilizer as you suggest. That may
    also be the problem. I did put some Miracle Grow into the soil last month, it's th slow release type that says I only need to do this once every two months, but maybe it does need more. I will try that, to get it off its butt!! lol
    Thanks again for your response. I'm a beginner, so I need all the help I can get.