British Columbia: looking for Solandra maxima... anyone???

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by roneill, Nov 29, 2010.

1. roneill

roneill Active Member 10 Years

I'm on Vancouver Island and am on the hunt for Solandra maxima. I lost mine earlier this year and I've never seen it for sale in the area and have also had no luck on-line. I am hoping that someone here on the forum might be able to help. If anyone knows where I could find a replacement or if you have cuttings and are interested in a trade, either on the Island or the mainland, please let me know.

Many thanks!

2. Tom Hulse

Tom Hulse Active Member 10 Years

3. roneill

Thanks so much for that link Tom, they have a great selection. Unfortunately they don't ship outside of the US which is an issue I've been running into. Hopefully they'll be able to recommend another grower which will ship to Canada! I really do appreciate your efforts though.

: ) Rachel

4. Tom Hulse

Tom Hulse Active Member 10 Years

Well I'm sorry about that. If you ever go down to Seattle or cross the border to go to the outlet malls down in Marysville, then you are welcome to have plants shipped here and pick them up on your way. We're a little over an hour south of the border, near I-5.

5. roneill

Thank you for your very generous offer. I may take you up on that if I am heading stateside!