please give me a name of this plant

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by confusedfrawg, May 26, 2009.

1. confusedfrawg

confusedfrawg Member

i am new to the planting world and my friends have been supporting me by donating plants here and there. i got this one plant i cant find a name for. i have spent many hours searching online for a similar plant and have failed every time!

the pictures are from when the plant was just given to me. it has become so thick with leafs and once spring hit little pink flowers bloomed. tiny flowers! it seems to be a very hardy plant, and hard to kill. the pot it was in actually fell over and landed upside down and i didn't find out for a good thirty minutes. the only bad thing that happened was a small stem fell off, turns out cuttings work easy too.

anyway, please help me if you know what kind it is. i would like to know more about this plant.

Attached Files:

2. saltcedar

saltcedar Rising Contributor 10 Years

Pilea 'Moon Valley'

3. confusedfrawg

confusedfrawg Member

Thank you so much! you have no idea how long i have been trying to figure it out.

4. Laticauda

Laticauda Active Member

I love these plants, the texture of their leaves is out of this world! Do you know if you can propagate it from cuttings?

5. confusedfrawg

confusedfrawg Member

oh so easily! my cat tried to get out the closed window and knocked the pot i had it in over. a side from all the dirt on my bedroom floor, my moon valley lost a stem with flowers and four leaves on it. it was about an inch long and it showed signs of roots the morning after soaking it in water. surprisingly my morning glory and cypress vine also in the same pot (weird combination i know) were not affected by the tragic fall.

so yes they do very well