white spots on zucchini leaves/peppers being eaten w/pics

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by Eyeris, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Eyeris

Eyeris Active Member

1st attempt at a veggies garden....so far not too bad. Tomato plants are doing well ..just falling all over the place...(1st pic)

However my zucchini looks like it's getting powdery mildew or something on the leaves.(pic 2 &3)

Also my peppers look like they are being eaten by something but i can't see anything there..they are wilty and have holes in the leaves everywhere. (pic 4)

Although this has been a great learing experience I would still love to see these plants through the summer! Is there anything I can do to help them?

Attached Files:

2. fluffypuffmarshmallows

fluffypuffmarshmallows Member

I have the same white spots on my squash plants. I just heard on the radio that it is a fungus that has been invading new areas of the U.S. They suggested regular applications of fungicide, which I myself began just this evening. I bought it at the supermarket, and it specifically said it was safe for vegetable plants. I think it is Neem-based, an extract of a plant that has natural insecticidal properties. Good luck!

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Just an FYI - Neem is not registered for use as an insecticide in Canada, despite the evidence for it.