Last living Jasmine plant

Discussion in 'Plant Propagation' started by Beeker, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Beeker

Beeker Active Member

I am soooo happy!
    I'll give a quick version of the story.

I bought two pots of Jasmine plants last year (4 plants in each pot) and lost 7 out of 8 plants to wooly aphids. I was very upset that they were infested. I didn't recognize it when I bought them.
    So, I have one plant left that is healthy and happy. I tried my hand in trying to propagate by clipping and I now have 2 little babies, one of them is blooming a flower already! I know Jasmine is a vine and it should be easy to propagate this plant, but it is my first time and I am excited. Sorry if I seem stupid for being so excited over such a small success. I clipped two more today and am giving the one with the flower to a co-worker of mine.

I also had success with a clipping from a Christmas Cactus! I just potted it today. I love this! The only problem with all this propagation is that I am already running out of space and I only just started!

2. Harry Homeowner

Harry Homeowner Active Member

Good to hear you are having success.

A bit of advice, I am not sure how old the one that's flowering is, but with any cuttings early on you should always remove any flowers so the plant puts more energy into root development.

Good luck on future cuttings.

3. Beeker

Beeker Active Member

Thank you for the tip. That will be very helpful!