pink flowered red/ pink stemed wild flower

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by lisalisalisa, Apr 8, 2011.

1. lisalisalisa

lisalisalisa Member

hello can anyone help me to identify this pretty little flower i get in my garden, it flowers around june. ive pictured it here at the base of my little willow tree. but it grows all over my garden thanks alot to anyone that can help

IMG0108A.jpg IMG0109A.jpg

2. Sundrop

Sundrop Well-Known Member

Looks like Geranium

3. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Herb Robert, a nuisance annual here.

4. lisalisalisa

lisalisalisa Member

thankyou both after 3 years, i finally now know what it is;- Geranium robertianum, (syn. Robertiella robertiana) commonly known as Herb Robert, Red Robin, Death come quickly,

i loved the little folkstory i found with it

At this time of year the healing, red-stalked Herb Robert is in bloom, and according to tradition, you should be careful how you treat it. For to wantonly destroy the flower, which is under the protection of Robin Goodfellow, the household protector who was also known as 'Puck', (derived from the Old English Pucelas, 'wild men of the woods'), is to court disaster. Treat the flower well and it will help you to staunch wounds; treat Robin well and he will help you with your housework. So was the belief of the country folk in the centuries up to and perhaps into the nineteenth century

thanks again all