bulk soil orders

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by HortLine, Aug 2, 2005.

1. HortLine

HortLine Active Member 10 Years

We recently received a question regarding bulk soil order and delivery. Here are a few nurseries which may provide this service:

1. Gardenworks - locations throughout the lower mainland, including:

3147 Woodbine Drive, North Vancouver tel: 604-980-6340
    3rd St North Vancouver tel: 604-988-8082
    Granville St, Vancouver tel: 604-266-9313
    (also Burnaby and Surrey)

2. Hong's Nursery & Florist - Surrey tel: 604-588-3734 web: www.hongs.ca

3. Pacific Bark Blowers Inc tel: 604-436-2275 web: www.pacificbarkblowers.com

4. Cannor Nursery & Garden Centre tel: 604-795-5914

Another useful link is BC gardenwise. This is a database of garden centres/nurseries throughout BC. You can search by company, landscape service or landscape product. You can access the database at www.gardenwise.bc.ca.

Hope this helps,

Hortline

2. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

Gardenworks does not deliver soil ( they do have bulk soil available for pickup at the burnaby north location and if pressed may provide a phone number of a local carrier, they are hesitant to do so as they do not have any control over the quality or service of the delivery company and do not wish to assume any responsibility). I would suggest fraser richmond soil and fibre, they are bulk carried on augustine trucking trucks (for large orders) for smaller orders contact your local bulk soils yard ie, Fraser richmond bio cycle (north van dump at riverside - they have independant truckers they (and I) use regularly depending on your location and size of order. in Langley try landscape depot they deliver on their own trucks, in coquitlam, maple ridge area try meadows landscape supply, surrey and many other areas try stream organics. I always suggest you check the product BEFORE the truck is dumped thats about the last chance to refuse a load if you dont like what they send. the best is to go to the yard and look at what they have, touch it, smell it, get the exact name and price, then order.

cheerio

3. Yardworks

Yardworks Member

I've been reading this terrific forum and this thread in particular, and think I can assist with what you are looking for. I am the sales and marketing director at Yardworks Supply Ltd. We are a high quality compost soil blender and supplier based out of Richmond, BC with commercial yards located in Delta, Abbotsford, and Chilliwack. Our high quality compost Pro-Soils are of the highest quality bulk compost soils available in Western Canada. We take great care in sourcing and using only the highest quality organic materials in our soil blends, which are comprised of compost green/yard waste (like Vancouver landfill's), compost manures, and low fines river sand. All of our products are tested regularly, and are available for residential delivery and pick up at many of our Metro Vancouver and Lowermainland area retailers. Our sustainable natural recycled Pro-Soils greatly reduce the need for herbicides, pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and watering. These soils are as close as you can get in our area to a true potting soil available in bulk supply. We do NOT use any non-sustainable ingredients in our blends such as harvested peat, or excavated soils, NOR do we use any artificial wood fillers, sawdust, dyes, or charcoal like many of the other commercially available local competitors do. And, I guarantee you will not find any foreign materials such as plastic, garbage, or other related waste in our high quality products, as they have been composted at very high temperatures, double screened, and passed through a magnet to remove any metals that may be present. Our products are certainly not the cheapest out there, but I would challenge you to find a better bulk soil locally.
    Please visit our website at www.yardworkssupply.ca to find a retailer or small delivery service nearest you, or, if you have a larger project requiring more than 8 cubic yards of material, please call our commercial dispatch at (604) 278-4491 for prompt professional sameday delivery service to your landscaping and/or gardening project. Please let us know how we can be of assistance anytime. Our company is based on customer service. Thank-you kindly.