Dwarf Peach Tree

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by subrata_ca, May 24, 2002.

1. subrata_ca

subrata_ca Member

Last night, I watched a CBC documentary program on bees. In that program they talked about an orchard in Delta, where the owner has many dwarf peach trees. It appears that the dwarf peach trees have produced abundantly.

I wish to have a dwarf peach tree for a sunny spot in our garden. We live in Vancouver.

I do not want the tree to be more than 5 or 6 ft tall and about 4 ft wide. Are there such trees available that are suitable for the Vancouver wet climate? If so, could someone help me with some names? I will very much appreciate the help.

I am also wondering if UBC has introduced a dwarf peach suitable for our climate. If so, could I please have names?

Thanks,

Subrata_ca

2. Tony Maniezzo

Tony Maniezzo Active Member

Your best bet might be to contact the cbc for the name of the orchard in Delta. I am not aware of any dwarf peach varieties by name and UBC has not released any. The peach trees that we have in the garden are not ideally suited to our area.