How long is a post active?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by whistler, Jul 12, 2005.

1. whistler

whistler Member

First just want to say, I love this website!!!
    But still working on the understanding of it all. Have tons of quuestions, that I cant seem to find in the general guide.
    Two questions...1/ When do u delete a original post? Seems some go back over a year. Is it worth to respond to a post after a certain amount of time?
    2/ When I get a email response, if I reply does it post on the threaded forum. Or just to that last person that answered?
    Thanx, Whistler

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

We generally don't delete original posts - as long as there is room on the server, we hold onto them for reference's sake, and search engine-friendliness.

Whether it is worth it to respond to a post after some time is passed is a good question. I suppose it depends on the post - some conversations are easy to resurrect, while others aren't worth it, particularly if the problem is an acute one.

When you get an email informing you about an update to a thread, that's all it is - an informational email. You need to revisit the forums to reply. If you reply to the email, then it comes directly to me, and I then kindly suggest that you reply on the forums instead of sending me the email!