My apartment orchard!

Discussion in 'Small Space Gardening' started by LobsterMan, Nov 2, 2009.

1. LobsterMan

LobsterMan Member

Hello everyone! I've browsed this forum for a few years and figured I'd finally post. Here are pics of my apartment garden, not quite an orchard yet but my meyers lemon is about to flower so it may be soon :P
    Pictured are tangerine tree, limequat, blood orange, plumeria and bird of paradise. White ginger, pomegranate, meyers lemon... small ones on the right are stevia, dwarf guava, pineapple guava, camellia tea plant. Not bad for Portland, OR eh? Thanks in advance all :)

Attached Files:

2. kevind76

kevind76 Active Member

Pretty cool! Do you have a balcony? Do they all go outside for the summer?

3. LobsterMan

LobsterMan Member

Hey thanks! Yup I do have a balcony, the meyers lemon goes outside during summer, that's why it has all the bites in the leaves... it just came in for the winter a few weeks ago. The pomegranate is supposed to be outside all year but I brought it inside after a windstorm almost killed it... I guess it thinks it is spring now because its sprouting new branches and such hehe. That will go out again next spring also. All other citrus besides the tangerine are new so I assume they will go outside next spring but will have to wait and see. The tangerine is from seed I think so it will likely not fruit anytime soon, so putting it outside may not be worth it, especially since it seems very happy and has frequent growth indoors.

4. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Nice! Not bad for Portland, or anywhere.
    Like your view of Mt. Fuji. What have you in your aquarium?

5. LobsterMan

LobsterMan Member

Thanks! Took me a bit to figure out you meant the framed pic of mt fuji there haha. I used to love crayfish (as pets) which is how I got into aquariums to begin with, but Oregon now has a ban on all crayfish as pets, so for now just freshwater tropicals... pangasius catfish, lots of tetras, some gouramis, dwarf cichilid, will take pics tomorrow!

6. LobsterMan

LobsterMan Member

I forgot about my super dwarf bananas haha. Here's a pic of my tank as well for your enjoyment. Thanks all!

Attached Files:

7. gardeningfreak

gardeningfreak Member

Now THAT looks cool! :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  8. lkailburn

lkailburn Active Member

are these all still growing? i know this thread is very old but it would be so great to see these plants now and how they are growing. I've got the same interest in growing tropical fruit like pomegranate, guava, noni, and dragon fruit in containers.

-Luke

-Luke