Seeds of maple

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Simone1991, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Simone1991

Simone1991 New Member

Hello guys
    I would like to ask if you can help me because i would like to coltivate some seeds of maple here in Italy.
    I'm a small farmer from North Italy and i would like to coltivate some maples varieties such as saccharinum silver maple seeds and sugar maple seeds a need a small quanitity to try to see if they can be coltivate here.
    So if somebody is kind enough to send me ten (10) seeds from each variety, of course I will pay all the amount of money needed.
    Or if you prefer i can send you something from Italy as valuable as the seeds.
    Have a nice day and thank you all.
    Ciao from Italy

2. patdero1

patdero1 Active Member Maple Society

I have thousands of silver maple seeds each spring. They are very easy to grow. I could dig bunch of saplings.

3. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Saplings can't be imported into Europe from North America! Even seeds may be subject to some restrictions; check with the Customs authorities.

4. AlainK

AlainK Renowned Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society 10 Years

There's a verty serious seed provider here in France, and they ship seeds to other european countries. No Italian version of the site, but apart from the French (and "francese e facile per un italiano, no ?...), there's also an English version.

Here is the link to the page where the 40 species of Acer they sell are listed :

http://www.semencesdupuy.com/fr/produits/feuillus/erable.html