British Columbia: purchase katsura

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by siodev, May 9, 2011.

1. siodev

siodev Member

We want to put a katsura in our garden but have no idea where to get one - does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

2. ryansenechal

ryansenechal Active Member

They are regularly stocked at almost every nursery. On the south Island, I've seen them in decent numbers at all but one of the major garden centres. If you're facing shortages, ask to special order, as the lower mainland wholesalers will surely have them in decent numbers.

3. Squeezied

Squeezied Active Member

Try GardenWorks in Burnaby (either the one at Lougheed or Mandeville). They have an extensive selection of JMs and I'm almost certain Katsura is available. I recently bought a Sango Kaku JM there and am just loving it! Should you decide to go with GardenWorks, there is a coupon 50% of any regular-priced tree or shrub in page I5 of the Vancouver Sun dated Saturday May 7. All the best with your hunt!

Edit: I did a quick google and realized there's a Katsura tree and a Japanese Maple Katsura tree. I was referring to the Japanese Maple above. But nevertheless try GardenWorks anyhow as they are one of the most comprehensive garden centres in the lower mainland.